Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why God, Why?

     I was listening to Joyce Meyer recently and she was preaching about questions that most Christians have.  We ask questions like, "Why God Why? When God, When? How God, How?"  I didn't realize that I would soon be asking the "Why God, Why?"
    Last January 21st, I lost my dog Snoopy.  I got Snoopy while I was attending WVU,  she was my best little friend.  She went through college with me, a marriage, and seen me have 3 kids.  A tumor on her spine caused her to get down in her hind legs and she passed away from a blood clot.
  Last Monday, March 21st, my dog Fable passed away.  She ran to closely to a cattle trailer and she was hit.  The vet did all that she could, but Fable just didn't make it.  She was the most loyal dog ever.  Everywhere the kids were, you would see my Fable.  She guarded our home and protected the kids.  
   I then began to ask "Why God, Why?"  I wasn't even over the loss of my Snoopy!  This isn't fair!  I had such great HOPE that I was going to bring Fable home, help her how to walk again.  Did I mention that Fable was a very fast runner?  So I was asking God all these questions and then I remembered 1Thessalonians 5:16-18.  Be Joyful, pray continually, give thanks in ALL circumstances for this is God's will for you.  I'll be honest, it is hard to be thankful in this situation, but I will do it.  I know God is in control and that he does things for the better.  I might not understand God or understand why he does the things he does, but I love God.  I am grateful that he blessed me with Snoopy for 13 years.  I am grateful that I had Fable to watch over my kids for 6 years.  I am grateful for ALL the blessings that God has given me.       
     I read this poem once and loved it.  I do not know who wrote it, but I would like to share it with you:

If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.
I would walk the path to heaven and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.


My Beloved Snoopy
My Beloved Fable